“And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don’t know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words. And the Father who knows all hearts knows what the Spirit is saying, for the Spirit pleads for us believers in harmony with God’s own will. And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.” Romans 8:26-28
See God’s heart.
- Hebrews 7:25 “Therefore he is able, once and forever, to save those who come to God through him. He lives forever to intercede with God on their behalf.”
- Matthew 6:9-13 “Pray like this: Our Father in heaven, may your name be kept holy. May your Kingdom come soon. May your will be done on earth, as it is in heaven. Give us today the food we need, and forgive us our sins, as we have forgiven those who sin against us. And don’t let us yield to temptation, but rescue us from the evil one.”
Know it for yourself.
- Matthew 7:7-8 “Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.”
- Psalms 66:16-20 “Come and listen, all you who fear God, and I will tell you what he did for me. For I cried out to him for help, praising him as I spoke. If I had not confessed the sin in my heart, the Lord would not have listened. But God did listen! He paid attention to my prayer. Praise God, who did not ignore my prayer or withdraw his unfailing love from me,”
Live it out.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 “Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.”
- James 5:16 “Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results.”
Developing a prayer life with Jesus has more to do with your heart than with a “form”. Jesus looks at our hearts and our faith in Him. There are many forms of prayer and many different ways you can pray. For example, you can take the word of God and recite it / pray it back to God. You can be still, quiet and meditate in God’s presence, praying in your heart. You can also be in a group of people where you gather together with the focus and intent to pray over a matter. When you don’t know what to pray, pray in the Holy Spirit. It’s a spiritual language that God gives to His believers when they ask.
In the book of Acts, Chapter 2 the disciples were together, praying and waiting for the promise of the Holy Spirit. While in prayer, the Holy Spirit came in power and they all were filled in the spirit, speaking in other tongues. Not only can you have a prayer life that impacts your relationship with God, but you can pray for others. When people are hurt and sick, you can lay your hands on them and pray in faith that they can be healed. These signs and wonders that Jesus talked about, follow the believers who pray in faith. There is no sickness or disease in heaven. Jesus taught His disciples how to pray and their prayer life changed the way that they lived, which enabled them to destroy the works of the devil.
Intercession is hearing and feeling the heart of God and partnering with Him to pray and declare what is on His heart. For example, Daniel from the bible prayed for 21 days, coming into agreement with what God showed Him to pray about. The moment he began to pray, God saw His heart. It is impossible to pray in faith and nothing happens. Your prayers are powerful. Behind every person’s soul, there has been someone praying on behalf of him or her. Just the fact that you have saved, is evidence that someone has prayed for you. You may know them, but you may not. However, they are connected to you through the Spirit, making you spiritual relatives as the family of God.
See God’s heart.
1 Timothy 2:1-4 talks about the power of prayer and intercession. God’s heart is for everyone to be saved, you can be a part of changing the course of world history by the prayers that you pray for others, on behalf of heaven.
Read this scripture and ask God who you can pray for (e.g. neighbors, family members, coworkers, friends, nations, politicians). Ask God to teach you how to pray “solution-oriented” prayers from faith and hope for a transformed world. Pray out of thankfulness, as if you have already received what you are believing for.
Know it for yourself.
Prayer develops your spiritual engine and when you feel God’s heart, it changes your spiritual perspective and your outlook on life. Prayer ignites hope and faith for what is possible. When you’re in prayer, you are partnering with the greatest intercessor. He wants to partner with you in a lifestyle of prayer. Prayer doesn’t only impact your spiritual development, but changes your lifestyle. When you’re in God’s presence you will learn to trust Him and abide in His love.
Live it out.
Here are a few actions steps that may help you grow in your prayer life;
- If you can, gather one or more people and begin a prayer group with them.
- Get out a map of the world and ask God to point out one area on the map that He would like to partner with you in prayer. As you do this, ask for His heart and then pray from His heart.
- Find out what your neighbor’s, families, friends or co-workers needs are and pray for them.
- Ask God for your spiritual, heavenly language (the book of Acts, Chapter 2). Your spiritual language may not make sense to your mind; it may even sound like you are making up a language but trust that the spirit of God is praying the perfect prayer through you.
Our gift to you.
In 100 words or less, text/ or in 1 minute or less, send us a video of your prayer request. We want to partner with you and see you grow into everything that God has called you to be. We also want to pray for people that are important to you in your life. Not only do we want to pray with you but if there is someone that you know that isn’t saved, yet is desiring prayer, this is a great way for us to have our team pray for them. Each month, we will be praying for people all around the world that are using this app. Please remember that you can text us testimonies of what God has done in your life and through your life. We are so excited to partner with you. You are a part of our spiritual family, and we love you.