“Don’t you see how wonderfully kind, tolerant, and patient God is with you? Does this mean nothing to you? Can’t you see that his kindness is intended to turn you from your sin?” Romans 2:4
See God’s heart.
- John 3:16 “For this is how God loved the world: He gave His one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.”
- John 17:3 “And this is the way to have eternal life—to know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, the one you sent to earth.”
Know it for yourself.
- 1 Timothy 2:3-4 “This is good and pleases God our Savior, who wants everyone to be saved and to understand the truth.”
- Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.”
Live it out.
- 1 John 4:7-8 “Dear friends, let us continue to love one another, for love comes from God. Anyone who loves is a child of God and knows God. But anyone who does not love does not know God, for God is love.”
- John 14:21 “ Those who accept my commandments and obey them are the ones who love me. And because they love me, my Father will love them. And I will love them and reveal myself to each of them.”
**All scriptures in NLT
God is good and it is His goodness that has led us to repentance. Repentance means to have a transformed heart and a transformed mind. It is to turn away from things that are not pleasing to God and turn towards His heart of love. When we repent of our sins He gives us a new heart and He reveals to our mind that He is a loving Father that is good.
Repentance is a gift and our Father gave us this gift that has impacted our hearts and our lifestyle. If you have seen Jesus, you have seen the Father. And it’s the Father’s good pleasure to give His kid’s His best. God only has the best for you. He not only loves you but He likes you. His desire is that none perish but all experience life with Him. When we know His love and experience His truth He sets us free. We are free to believe that God is good and that His character never changes. We can trust in Him with all of our hearts because He’s a good God. And as we acknowledge Him, He will guide us in our plans and dreams. Since God is good, He teaches us the most valuable thing that is on His heart. And that is His love for you. We love Him because He first loved us. And because we love Him, we want to obey Him.
See God’s heart.
In your own words, what is God saying to you through these scriptures?
Know it for you.
- Is there any area in your life that is holding you back from feeling God’s presence and from connecting with God as a good Father?
- How can God’s goodness rewrite your Father-son/daughter experience?
Live it out.
Because God is good, regardless of how I feel, what can I be thankful for today (post 5 good things that you are thankful for, that God has done in your life)?
DAILY ACTION STEP:
Tell 1 person (or more) every day what you are thankful for.